browns bay on tv


The week before Xmas a very professional team from Whitebait TV spent the best part of a day with me - doing an interview & filming for a documentary on environmental artists in New Zealand - to be screened on TV sometime early this year.

We had fun in the dumpster & on the beach. Hopefully I was able to get my message across:
the motto is "reduce, reuse, recycle" - but no-one talks about reducing! I guess the likes of the Warehouse, Harvey Norman etc won't like that message. Too bad. The problem with the current recycling fad is that it to me it makes buying crap OK - as long as you recycle it when you're done.

Sorry, but no, it doesn't work that way: Just don't buy crap in the first place.

The core of the problem is that most people can't differentiate between their needs & their wants - more on this later.

In the meantime, may I suggest viewers read "To Have or to Be" by Erich Fromm - a seminal text on the topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bird from a car tyre

car tyre swans

No Bull