SUSTAINABLE LIVING EVENING
































Yesterday I attended a fundraising evening at the Kaipatiki environment centre, the guest speaker was comedian Te Radar who talked about environmental stability & revealed some hilarious behind-the-scenes moments from his recent TV show “Off The Radar”. I was given the opportunity to display some of my recycled artworks.
This last week I have been making some new pieces in preparation for my exhibit the upcoming Eco Day on March 8th at the Sustainable Living Centre in Grey Lynn.
On the tables in these pix can be seen a new jewellery range made from bicycle & car-tyre inner tubes, computer keyboards, milk bottle caps, coloured plastic A$ binder covers, rubber bands, bracelets made from plastic knitting needles I bent in my solar oven, pieces af aluminum louvre blind, packaging labels, plastic soy sauce bottle fish, ice cream spoons, old slides from the ‘50’s& ‘70’s - all found on the beach or in the trash.
On the larger table is a robot, black’n’white screen prints of Asian calligraphy using thickened printer ink,, jandal fish, clocks from old records, bowls from more old records, prints of mine in wooden frames I found in a skip, a lamp made from an Agee jar, a cross from flowers cut from egg cartons on real-estate sign, ‘fridge magnets using bottlecaps, a skull print using thicked resene housepaint, collaged cards using waste card, an Eco Game, & some brilliant draw-string shopping bags made by my friend Laurie Santell from net curtains [to replace using plastic bags @ the shop].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bird from a car tyre

car tyre swans

No Bull